A big thank you to The Time Quintet for nominating me for this award.
The Liebster award is a fun way of getting to know fellow new bloggers out there and help each other ease our way into the blogging world.
There are a few rules to follow:
- Answer the 11 questions that your nominator has asked you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (with under 200 followers).
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
- Let them know you nominated them.
QUESTIONS BY THE TIME QUINTET:
1. Why do you blog?
Well, I consider this as my safe place. A place where I can write from my heart without the fear of being judged. Neither my family nor my friends know that I blog and for some reason, I want to keep it that way. Plus, practice makes a person perfect. So I hope to improve my command over English by writing as well as reading the work of fellow bloggers.
2. What, do you suppose, is your ultimate goal in life?
I am not sure if this would count as an ultimate goal but what I hope is that, when I’m lying there seconds away from taking my last breath, I hope that I’ll be happy and satisfied with what I achieved in life. I want that even in my last moments, I’ll be in the company of those who love me. The scariest thought for me is being alone. Nobody to talk to, nobody to help and guide you, I can’t imagine a life like that.
3. Who or what inspires you?
This is easy. It would be my mother and father. Our parents do everything in their power so that we can live a better life. Their love is unconditional and everlasting. Keeping all their ambitions aside, they work tirelessly so that one day we may live a life that is better than theirs. So everything I do, it is to make them proud. They inspire me each day to become a better version of myself.
4. What would you do if you could drop all of your responsibilities and problems?
I will buy a sea-facing house with maybe 4-5 dogs and stay home all day reading books, eating, listening to music, Netflix and at times, doing absolutely nothing. I will go out only to play and walk with my dogs.
5. Do you have a message you want to tell the world? If yes, what is it?
Tough question. There is one thing which most of us do- Fall prey to stereotypes. Please don’t. As the saying goes, “Never judge a book by its cover”. Well, the same can be extended to people. Never judge anyone and form an opinion about them on the basis of what you heard from third party people. This is what most of us do, including me but I make a conscious choice not to let that affect my judgement.
Observe yourself first, gain a first-hand experience and then you’re free to judge for yourselves.
6. Any book/music recommendations?
Music: I believe music in itself is a language and you don’t need to understand the words to enjoy a song. Do listen to Olsen Olsen by Sigur Ros. And I love most of the of the band Secondhand Serenade.
Books: All the books written by Dan Brown. A Tale of Two Cities, The Count of Monte Cristo, Pride and Prejudice and The Alchemist. I can go on forever writing the names of good books but I’ll restrain myself to this for now.
7. What couldn’t you live your life without? ( excluding the basic necessities like oxygen etc)
I think that would be my phone and my laptop. And pizza, coke and coffee.
8. What is your favourite memory?
There are so many that I can’t get myself to pinpoint one. I guess I’m blessed and consider myself lucky that I had such a great childhood with a plethora of lovely memories.
9. What are your 3 favourite quotes?
- Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the lights. (Dumbledore)
- People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right. (Dumbledore)
- She is not magic but she is the reason people believe in magic.
10. What do you despise?
The caste based reservation system in the education department in our country. I despise it with all my heart. I do believe that reservations should be made for those in need, but that should be based on the economic conditions of people and not their caste.
How can a country progress and reach its full potential when a candidate getting 60% in an examination is chosen over a person who scores 90+% in the exact same examination. I feel very strongly about this and have a lot to say. Maybe I will publish a post regarding this topic in future.
11. What are your favourite smells?
I don’t know if it’s just me, but whenever I get home after some time, say maybe a few days, the moment I enter my room I feel complete bliss. So I guess the smell (or should I say fragrance because smell sounds bad) is my favourite. It’s the smell of coming home.
In addition, I do love the smell of wet mud that you get after you water your plants or when it rains. It feels so fresh and rejuvenating.
NOW I TAG THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE:
- A mindful traveller
- The Loyal Brit
- Thomas Petty
- The emerging yogi
- Vidisha Pandey
- Heart meets soul
- Strawberry travels
- Uncovering stories
- The mysterious prodigy
So here are my 11 questions:
- What is the one place you want to visit more than anything?
- With whom are you closest to in your family?
- What do you do on a day when you have no work or any prior engagements?
- What is your favourite dessert?
- Are you more of a party person or stay home watch Netflix kind of person?
- Which would you choose: Harry Potter or Twilight?
- Any book and music recommendations?
- What do you plan on achieving in this life?
- Are you a cat person or a dog person?
- If you could go back in time and change something, what will you change and why?
- Do you have a message for the world? If yes then what is it?
Do give it a try and keep the chain going, I really enjoyed doing it and I hope you will too. And I would love to read all the answers so please do inform me in the comment section.
Also, all your thoughts are welcome and I would love to hear what you people have to say about my post. See you all soon, Cheers!